circa AH 767/AD 1365
colophon illuminated title page with dedication over original certificate of commissioning; text copied in gold and black
original dedication overpainted with a later dedication to Arghun al-dawadar al-kabir, also known as Arghun al-Is‘irdi.
28 folios; 29.5 x 20cm
copied by Ridwan bin Muhammad al-Tabrizi originally copied for Abi Muhammad ‘Abd al-Halim al-Marini, who briefly ruled in Sijilmasa in the western Maghrib until his deposition in AH 764 (AD 1362–3), then took refuge in Cairo in dhu’l-Qa‘dah 766 (July–August 1365);